Thursday, January 1, 2009

An Idealistic New Year

The happiness that is genuinely satisfying is accompanied by the fullest exercise of our faculties and the fullest realization of the world in which we live.
-Bertrand Russel (1965), philosopher


I do have a list of New Year's resolutions somewhere in my brain, but really, I know the backbone of a life well lived is good philosphy. Basic needs are addressed and pleasures sweeten life, but lacking ideals one only flounders and hope proves elusive. These are the top ten ideals I hope will support my version of 2009:



  1. Life is good.

  2. Choose to enjoy.

  3. My days are what I make them.

  4. Be afraid of fear itself.

  5. Love grows when given.

  6. Seek people with a growth mindset and energy to share.

  7. Share the good stuff.

  8. Love those around me best.

  9. Be satisfied with my past, grateful for my present and excited for my future.

  10. Know this is the one life I have; ask "what shall I do with it?"; begin with this moment...



No comments:

Post a Comment